Farmer's Market Pasta Salad
- 1 package (12 oz) Our Family brand Elbow Macaroni
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower florets
- 1 small zucchini, not peeled, halved and sliced ½-inch thick
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced, both white and green portions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, basil, or thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1½ cups reduced fat Asiago balsamic or Italian vinaigrette salad dressing
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse, drain again and pour into a large salad bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat well. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
Recipe Hints: Substitute about 4 cups of a variety of your favorite chopped or trimmed vegetables for those listed. Celery, mushrooms, or carrots would make especially good choices. You can also add 1 tomato, chopped, or 1 cup halved grape tomatoes. The salad bar at your local grocery store offers a wide range of trimmed vegetables and you can purchase just the amount you need.
Preparation Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 14-15 min.