- Remove wrappers from chocolates; set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar, egg yolks, milk and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Refrigerate dough 1 to 2 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease. Shape dough into 48 equal (about 1 inch) balls; roll in chopped almonds, lightly pressing almonds into dough. Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; press chocolate piece into center of each cookie. Slide parchment paper and cookies to wire rack or remove cookies from greased cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes 48 cookies.
- *To toast almonds: Heat oven to 350°F. Spread almonds in thin layer in shallow baking pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light golden brown; cool.