- Grab a cutting board or a presentation board. It’s up to you how big your cutting board needs to be. This will be your blank canvas.
- Fill in with larger items first from the ingredient list such as the grapes and dips. Then add by food group.
- Nuts: Almonds are great. Chop up pistachios as a garnish to sprinkle on top of crackers.
- Fruit: add fresh and dried fruit to create a variety of textures and flavor — A. Dried figs and dates work great. Slice them so can build a cracker and cube the dates to give it a different shape (but any dried fruit you have laying around can work). — B. Fresh: Slice Honeycrisp apples into thin slices and sprinkle lemon juice over apples so it doesn’t turn brown — C. Sprinkle pomegranates over the top — D. Add sliced Oranges
- Cheese: slice any hard, soft, mild and strong cheese. Cheddar cheese pairs great with apples.
- Vegetables: Pickle red onion and bell peppers. Slice the red onion and bell pepper into strips. Mix in ½ cup water and ½ cup apple cider vinegar and let the veggies sit in this solution for 30 minutes to add some flavor.
- Crackers: add whole grain crackers to the board
- Meat: Turkey slices, prosciutto or pepperoni are some great proteins to add to the board.