If you like deviled eggs you have to try this nice avocado and bacon upgrade!
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and fill with enough cool water to cover the eggs by an inch or two.
- Place the pan over high heat. Once the water reaches a boil, remove the pan from heat, cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Tap the eggs gently against the counter to crack the shell in a few places, then submerge in ice water for at least 1 minute. Peel the eggs. This lets water get between the egg and the shell!
- Slice the eggs in half-length wise. Gently remove the yolks from the egg whites, and mash the yolks in a bowl with a fork until finely smooth.
- Measure 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise and add the avocado into the bowl with the yolks. Mix and mash the filling until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Use a spatula to scoop all the filling into a plastic bag or piping bag. Pipe the filling into the cup of each eggs. Not too much now! Garnish the eggs with chopped bacon.